The roster of program speakers for the 2016 Rockland Autism Symposium is complete and includes:
- Peter F. Gerhardt, Ed.D., Executive Director EPIC school -Socially Important Outcomes with Adolescents and Young Adults with ASD: Using the Right Intervention for the Right Goal for the Right Student at the Right Time in the Right Context
- John Constantino, MD, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis - Understanding Recurrence Rates in the Offspring of Siblings of People with Autism
- Amy Lutz, the Executive Director of the EASI Foundation - Housing for the disabled: How the New Medicaid Regs are Hurting the Most Severely Affected
- James W. Bodfish, Ph.D., Vanderbilt University, School of Medicine - Understanding Repetitive and Inflexible Behaviors in Adolescents with Autism
- Thomas P. Zugibe - District Attorney, County of Rockland - A New Paradigm of Problem-Solving Court: The Intellectually and Developmentally Disabled alternative to Incarceration (
- Alison Singer, President, Autism Science Foundation - A new Research Initiative Seeking the Involvement of Unaffected Sisters of Individuals with Autism in the Search for Autism’s “Female Protective Effect”.
- This year there will be a very modest non-refundable enrollment fee of $20.00 for securing a seat at this renowned symposium. The fee proceeds will be used to enhance programs or services provided to Venture consumers which may include Creative Arts (computer-assisted instruction in Vocabulary, word recognition, & identification) or Recreational Sports (adaptive basketball or swimming in our North Campus Summer Camp).
- You will be able to register multiple attendees at one time but will be required to pay the enrollment fee for each seat requested.
- Online registration for the 2016 Rockland Autism Symposium will open at 12:01 AM on September 15, 2016.
- For first timers, the ONLY way to register for this event is to use the simple and easy online registration process - there is no mail-in or call-in registration process. Really.
- The Rockland Autism Symposium is administered by the Venture Foundation, LTD, which is recognized as a 501c3 tax-exempt entity by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Even so, the $20 per-person fee is not tax-deductible because the value of goods and services being provided at the Symposium is in excess of the enrollment fee.
- On the day of the Symposium, please bring your email receipt of your enrollment as proof of payment. If multiple people are enrolled at one time, each person should obtain a copy of the emailed receipt which will all display a common Enrollment Number. The registration attendant will mark off each individual under that common number and any additional requests greater than the number of the group paid for will require an additional fee.
- Finally, for those that seek a Certificate of Attendance for attending the Symposium, there will be a certificate available for all paid attendees.
Please check the Speakers Page for the list of those that will be presenting at the 2016 Symposium. and check back soon for any content updates.